When using Cefaly for the first time – to get the best results, after commencing the treatment push the button once when the sensation becomes uncomfortable and the intensity will stop rising, do this for a few days/weeks and gradually your tolerance will increase and you will be able to withstand the full treatment.
- Clean the skin to ensure the Cefaly electrode adheres well.
- Remove red tag to allow battery power to the device
- Position the electrode correctly with the narrowest part facing down and the lower edge midway between the eyebrows.
- Slip on the Cefaly device with the central part raised to the level of the forehead. Lower the device to engage with the pin on the patch.
- Press the button to start the session
- One single press for attack treatment
- Two successive presses for prevention
- Three successive presses activate the anti-stress program
The intensity and tingling will increase. If it becomes too intense, press the button again to stabilise the intensity at the present level for the remainder of the 20-minute treatment. For more effective results, increase the intensity as you become more used to the device.
During a twenty-minute session, you can either relax or go about your business. Lift the central part of the device and detach it from the pin when removing.
*Do not drive or operate machinery while using the Cefaly device
- Cefaly treatment:
Make sure you use the device every day on Level 2 for prevention at night for best results
– The electrodes are good for 15 to 30 sessions depending on usage and storage. The conductive gel needs to stay moist in order to work properly. Once the gel dries, the electrode needs to be changed. We suggest keeping it in a zip-lock bag between uses. Electrodes can also be reactivated by adding a few drops of water to the gel.
When the wipes provided run out you may clean your forehead with mild soap and water and dry before positioning the electrode.
Cefaly Device cutting out during use?
A few points that could be causing the Cefaly device to cut out during a session:
- Most commonly it is because the battery door has to be thoroughly shut – so the door must be pushed shut and the flap pushed up completely until it clicks locking the door in place. Please watch this video to ensure that the battery door is correctly shut:
- The metal electrodes sticking out of the device should both look the same and triangular, if they are looking odd or not the same then that could be why there is cutting out as the contact will be poor with the stick on electrode. Contact us if this is the case.
- Replace batteries with new alkaline AAA batteries – do not use rechargeable batteries
- May need to replace the electrode as it may not be sticking on securely after multiple uses
Please check these the above points thoroughly and if there is still and issue please contact us on 1300 077 707