Welcome to our helpful resources to assist you with non-drug approaches for managing migraine and tension headache including CEFALY.
As Cefaly is a TENS Machine you may be able to make a claim through your Private Health Fund
(click here for more information)
|Now available in Australia, Cefaly is a drug-free method for treating migraine pain and preventing migraine headaches from ever occurring. Cefaly is clinical proven. Cefaly treats migraine pain with neurostimulation – a stimulus that limits pain signals from the nerve centre by working on the trigeminal nerve where migraine headaches start. The patented Cefaly treatment changes the trigger threshold of migraine headaches. As the pain threshold becomes harder to reach, migraine headaches are less frequent, less painful, and simply disappear. Cefaly offers patients suffering from migraine pain and headaches an efficient electrotherapeutical treatment delivered via an extremely comfortable, ergonomic and simple-to-use medical device.|
This editorial was published in the Medical Republic issue February 9, 2017.
- Read the editorial (pdf – 1.2Mb)
A/Prof Richard Stark, Alfred Hosp. Melbourne, speaks about non-drug strategies in migraine management
Watch this short video to get an overview of non-drug strategies for chronic migraine patients and helpful hints for diagnosis. from a leading Neurologist with a special interest in headache and migraine.
Dr Len Rose speaks about Cefaly for HCPs
Watch this video to see how Cefaly can help my patients with a non-drug approach to managing migraine, from an experienced Pain Physician and GP.
- National Headache Register form (pdf – 125Kb)
- Cefaly Pad (pdf – 1.1Mb)
- Cefaly Patient Brochure (pdf – 4.9Mb)
- Cefaly Sales Aid (pdf – 2.1Mb)
- Cefaly – TENS Machine Health Fund rebates (pdf – 342Kb)
- Watch A/ Prof Richard Stark-Migraine: Treatment & prevention. An overview for patients & carers
- Watch Dr Len Rose talk on Cefaly – a new treatment & prevention device – for patients and carers
- Listen to the Dr Len Rose, a GP with over 35 years experience in pain management, interview with Dr Ross Walker on 2UE Healthy Living – Sunday 21 August 2016. Is Cefaly suitable for me?
- Read the transcript of Dr Len Rose’s interview with Dr Ross Walker on 2UE Healthy Living – Sunday 21 August 2016. Is Cefaly suitable for me?
- Migraine prevention with a supraorbital transcutaneous stimulator: a randomised controlled trial
Neurology 2013 80(8), 697-704: Schoenen J, Vandersmissen B, Jeangette S, Herroelen L, Vandenheede M, Gérard P, Magis D (pdf – 5.7Mb)
- Novel approaches to managing migraine and cluster headaches
Medicine Today June 2016 Colume 17 Number 6, Cheng S, Stark R (pdf – 2.1Mb)
- Safety and patients’ satisfaction of transcutaneous supraorbital neurostimulation (tSNS) with the Cefaly® device in headache treatment: a survey of 2,313 headache sufferers in the general population.
Journal of Headache and Pain 2013 Magis, D., Sava, S., D’Elia, T. S., Baschi, R., & Schoenen, J. (2013). The journal of headache and pain, 14 (1):95. (pdf – 3.5Mb)
- A self-administered screener for migraine in primary care – The ID Migraine ™ validation study
Neurology 61 August (1 of 2) 2003: R.B. Lipton, MD; D. Dodick, MD; R. Sadovsky, MD; K. Kolodner, PhD; J. Endicott, PhD; J. Hettiarachchi, MD; and W. Harrison, MD(pdf – 249Kb)
- Safety and patients’ satisfaction of transcutaneous Supraorbital NeuroStimulation (tSNS) with the Cefaly® device in headache treatment: a survey of 2,313 headache sufferers in the general population
The Journal of Headache and Pain 2013, 14:95, Delphine Magis*, Simona Sava, Tullia Sasso d’Elia, Roberta Baschi and Jean Schoenen (pdf – 1Mb)
- Migraine prevention with a supraorbital transcutaneous stimulator – A randomized controlled trial
Neurology 2013;80;697-704, Jean Schoenen, Bart Vandersmissen, Sandrine Jeangette, et al.D (pdf – 433Kb)
- Headache device gains qualified support
The Medical Republic – Posted 19 Aug 2016 by Ruby Prosser Scully (pdf – 433Kb)