Press the button once to select and start Program 1. You will hear a single beep. Program 1 is designed to treat migraine attacks.
- A session with the acute setting lasts one hour. It must be used during the migraine attack and may be repeated for a second 60-minute session if the migraine pain is not relieved within two hours, or if another migraine attack occurs.
- Press the button twice in succession to select and start Program 2. You will hear two successive beeps. Program 2 is designed to prevent migraines.
- A session with the prevent setting lasts 20-minutes. It must be used daily and may be done at any time throughout the day, though an evening session is preferred
Neurostimulation of the trigeminal nerve with:
- Cefaly acute setting – Program 1 (high frequency, single long session) produces a sedative effect on the nervous system that relieves headache pain.
- Cefaly prevent setting – Program 2 (low frequency, daily short sessions) restores progressively a normal metabolism in the fronto-temporal cortex of migraineurs; that is to say an improvement of the migraine-triggering threshold, which consequently reduces the frequency of migraine attacks.
What are the features of the New Cefaly Electromagnetic Device:
- The “spectacle” bands have been removed and replaced by magnetic contacts
- It is now rechargeable by a USB cable instead of being battery-powered
- The sound of the device has been toned down for better comfort
- The sensation given by the device is now less intense, again for better comfort
- Smaller in size (compact)
The Cefaly set includes: Cefaly device, Detailed instruction manual, Cefaly electrode Skin-cleansing wipe, Storage case Power adapter + cable.
- Cefaly treatment: Make sure you use the device every day on Level 2 for prevention at night for best results
- Electrodes: The electrodes are good for 15 to 30 sessions depending on usage and storage. The conductive gel needs to stay moist in order to work properly. Once the gel dries, the electrode needs to be changed. We suggest keeping it in a zip-lock bag between uses. Electrodes can also be reactivated by adding a few drops of water to the gel.
- Wipes: When the wipes provided run out you may clean your forehead with mild soap and water and dry before positioning the electrode.
- Intensity: When using Cefaly for the first time – to get the best results, after commencing the treatment push the button once when the sensation becomes uncomfortable and the intensity will stop rising, do this for a few days/weeks and gradually your tolerance will increase and you will be able to withstand the full treatment.
Where to Buy
Cefaly is distributed by OzHealth Pharma and is available for purchase online or over the phone 1300 077 707. If you have any inquires please email [email protected]